- Prep Time: 5 Minutes (Total Time: 1 Hour 50 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 1 package (16 ounce) Frozen LOUIS RICH Pure Ground Turkey, Thawed
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup Chopped Green Pepper
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounce) Kidney Beans, Drained, Rinsed
- 1 cup Water
- 3 Medium Tomatoes, Peeled, Chopped
- 1 can (6 ounce) No-salt Added Tomato Paste
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Red Pepper (cayenne)
- 30 PREMIUM Fat Free Saltine Crackers
COOK turkey in large heavy pot on medium heat until no longer pink, stirrring frequently. Add onion, green pepper and garlic; cook 2 min., stirring occasionally.
ADD all remaining ingredients except crackers. Cover. Simmer 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
SERVE hot with crackers.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Substitute 1 lb. ground beef for the ground turkey. Brown meat in large heavy pot as directed; drain. Add onion, green pepper and garlic; continue as directed.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS