Dijon-roasted Vegetable Soup
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes (Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 1 medium Zucchini
- 2 medium Plum Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 large Onion, Quartered
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1 cup Sliced Carrots
- 2 to 3 Cloves Garlic, Peeled
- 5 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 cups Chopped Cooked Chicken
- 1/4 cup GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Cut zucchini lengthwise in half, then cut each piece crosswise in half. Place in 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Add tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, carrots and garlic; mix lightly. Bake 30 to 45 min. or until tender and golden brown; cool.
CHOP vegetables; place in large saucepan. Add chicken broth, cumin and crushed red pepper;mix well. Bring to boil on high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered, 5 min.
ADD chicken and mustard; mix wel. Cook an additional 5 min. or until heated through. Stir in parsley.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Take a Shortcut
Purchase a fully-cooked rotisserie chicken at the supermarket to quickly obtain cooked chicken for soups and casseroles.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS