Beef Barley Soup
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 35 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 1/2 pound Ground Beef
- 2-1/2 cups Cold Water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounce) Stewed Tomatoes, Cut Up
- 3/4 cup Sliced Carrots
- 3/4 cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Quick-cooking Barley, Uncooked
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 pound (8 ounce) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, Cut Up
BROWN meat in large saucepan; drain. Stir in water, tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms, barley, garlic and oregano.
BRING to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 10 minutes or until barley is tender.
ADD VELVEETA; stir until melted.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Prepare as directed, using VELVEETA Made With 2% Milk Reduced Fat Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product.
Jazz It Up
Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley just before serving.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS