Angel Hair Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes (Total Time: 45 minutes)
- Serving Size: 15
- 1 can (28 ounce) Diced Tomatoes, Undrained
- 1 Small Onion, Chopped (about Half Cup)
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounce each) Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 12 ounce Thin Noodles, Such As Angel Hair, Vermicelli, Capellini Or Spaghettini
- 1 quart (4 cups) Water
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S Or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
PLACE tomatoes, onion and dressing in blender container; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour into large saucepot. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Stir in chicken broth. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, heat oil in separate saucepan on medium heat. Add noodles; cook 1 minute or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Drain noodles.
ADD noodles and water to tomato mixture in saucepot; cook on medium-high heat 10 minutes or until noodles are tender and about 1/3 of the broth is absorbed. (The noodles should still be somewhat soupy.) Sprinkle with cheese.
TOP each serving with about 1 tsp. of the sour cream; swirl lightly with spoon.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Dried pasta will last almost indefinitely if stored in an airtight glass or plastic container in a cool dark place. Whole wheat pasta, however, can turn rancid, so it should be used within 1 month after its purchase.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS