Certo® Hot Pepper Freezer Jelly
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes (Total Time: 24 Hours 30 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 0
- 1 jar (10-1/4 ounces) Pickled Whole Jalapeño Peppers, Drained, Seeded And Chopped
- 1-1/3 cups Bottled Apple Juice
- 1 Drop Green Food Coloring
- 4 cups Sugar, Measured Into Separate Bowl
- 1 pouch CERTO Fruit Pectin
- 2 tablespoons Cider Vinegar
RINSE clean plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
PLACE peppers in blender container; cover. Blend on medium speed, using on/off pulses, to evenly chop peppers. (Do not process until pureed). Scrape down side of blender container, if necessary. Place peppers in large bowl. Add apple juice and food coloring; mix well. Stir in sugar. Let stand 10 min., stirring occasionally.
MIX pectin and vinegar in small bowl. Add to pepper mixture; stir 3 min. or until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy. (A few sugar crystals may remain.)
FILL all containers immediately to within 1/2 inch of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours. Jelly is now ready to use. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator before using.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Wear plastic gloves to protect hands while preparing peppers.
Jelly sets slowly; may take up to 1 week.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS