Cheesy Harvest Vegetable
- Prep Time: 35 minutes (Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes)
- Serving Size: 10
- 2 pounds Mixed Fall Vegetables (Butternut Squash, Sweet Potatoes, Turnips, Parsnips And Carrots), Peeled, Cut Into 1 Inch Cubes (about 6 Cups)
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, Cubed
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 8 RITZ Crackers, Crushed (about One Third Cup Crumbs)
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Place vegetables and milk in large saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 20 min. or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add cream cheese; cook until completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently. Stir in Parmesan cheese and nutmeg.
POUR into greased 2-qt. casserole dish; sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
BAKE 30 min. or until top is golden brown and vegetable mixture is heated through.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Enjoy a serving of this cheesy vegetable side dish at your next special occasion.
Prepare recipe as directed except for topping with the cracker crumbs and baking. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, uncover and sprinkle with the cracker crumbs. Bake as directed, increasing the baking time to 40 min. or until top is golden brown and vegetable mixture is heated through.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS