Coconut-pecan Filling And Frosting
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes (17 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 36
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1 can (12 ounce.) Evaporated Milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) Butter Or Margarine
- 1 pkg. (7 ounce.) BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut (about Two & Two Third Cups)
- 1-1/2 cups PLANTERS Chopped Pecans
BEAT egg yolks, milk and vanilla in large saucepan with wire whisk until well blended. Add sugar and butter; cook on medium heat 12 min. or until thickened and golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.ADD coconut and pecans; mix well. Cool to room temperature and of desired spreading consistency.USE to frost your favorite cake or cupcake recipe.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Enjoy this rich, classic BAKER'S recipe. A small amount goes a long way so keep tabs on portions.
Makes enough to frost top and sides of 3 (8- or 9-inch) cake layers, tops of 2 (13x9-inch) cakes or 36 cupcakes.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS