- Chili-cheese Snackers
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- Sour Cream-Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Florentine Cheese Crepes
- Hearty Buckaroo Beans
- BAKER'S ONE BOWL Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
- Cordon Bleu Sandwiches
- Cheesy Hot Dog Potatoes
Chicken Curry With Spicy Stone Fruit Chutney
- Prep Time:
- Serving Size: 4
- 2 pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, Cut Into Medium Sized Cubes
- 1 Onion, Diced Small
- 2 Carrots, Diced Small
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger, Minced
- 1 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoons Flour
- 1 can (14 oz) Low-sodium Chicken Broth, Divided
- 1 Gala Apple, Peeled And Diced Small
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 cups Cooked Basmati Rice
In large sauté pan with lid over medium heat, sauté onion, carrots, garlic and ginger until softened, about 6 minutes. Add chicken and cook until slightly browned, about 7 minutes. Add curry powder; cook for one additional minute. Add olive oil and flour, stir well. Add 3/4 cup chicken broth and mix well.
Bring mixture to boil; reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for ½ hour over low heat. Add apple, remaining chicken broth, salt and pepper. Return to low heat, covered, and cook for additional 1/2 hour. While chicken is cooking, prepare Spicy Stone Fruit Chutney. Serve curry over basmati rice with Spicy Stone Fruit Chutney.
Spicy Stone Fruit Chutney: 2 mangos 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced; 2 apricots 1/4 teaspoon ginger, minced; 2 peaches 1 teaspoon salt; 2 nectarines 1/2 teaspoon white pepper; 2 plums 1 teaspoon cider vinegar; 2 Gala apples; 2 teaspoons olive oil; 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced.
Peel all fruit and cut into medium-sized chunks. In medium saucepan, warm olive oil over medium heat. Saute jalapeno pepper, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes. Add all fruit pieces, reduce heat to low and simmer until fruit begins to break down, about 30 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Remove chutney from heat; stir in vinegar.
Nutrition Analysis, Per Serving:630 calories; 23 g fat; 6 g saturated fat; 59 g carbohydrate