Rosemary Roasted Chicken & Potatoes
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Total Time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 6 oz. (3/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 teaspoons Dried Rosemary Leaves, Divided
- 1 teaspoon Pepper, Divided
- 1 Whole Roasting Chicken (Three & Half Pounds)
- 6 tablespoons KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing, Divided
- 2 pounds Red Potatoes, Cut Into 1 Inch Chunks
- 6 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, Crisply Cooked, Drained And Crumbled
- 2 Green Onions, Sliced (about Half Cup)
PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Mix cream cheese, 1 tsp. of the rosemary and 1/2 tsp. of the pepper. Starting at neck of chicken, use handle of wooden spoon or fingers to carefully separate skin from meat of the breast, thighs and legs of chicken, trying not to tear the skin. Spoon cream cheese mixture under skin; use fingers to push and spread some of the mixture out to thighs and legs. Place chicken in shallow baking pan. Brush with 2 Tbsp. of the dressing.
TOSS potatoes with remaining 4 Tbsp. dressing, remaining 1 tsp. rosemary and remaining 1/2 tsp. pepper in separate 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake chicken and potatoes 1-1/4 hours or until chicken is cooked through (165°F), stirring potatoes every 30 min.
TRANSFER chicken to large serving dish, reserving juices in pan. Let chicken stand 10 min. before serving. Meanwhile, add bacon and onions to potatoes; mix lightly. Spoon around chicken in dish. Spoon off and discard fat from reserved chicken juices in pan. Serve chicken and potato mixture with reserved juices.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Serve with a crisp, mixed green salad tossed with your favorite KRAFT Dressing to round out the meal.
Don't be alarmed if you tear the skin a bit, it will still taste deliciously moist.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS